Monday, October 18, 2010

Scrapbooking Page Ideas and Project Management Skills

I have found that much of my work of project management lends itself to scrapbooking page ideas. When I find myself scrapbooking or thinking of what to do a page on I end up using some of the same mind-set I use in project management. How do I make this connection? When you are trying to devise the various tasks within a project it is the same as when I am gathering my thoughts about what my scrapbook page should be about. For example, when you are developing a project timeline it is all about envisioning the relationships of all of the steps and tasks that are in the project. It is the same when you are scrapbooking page ideas. When doing this you are seeking to find those relationships between life's expereinces. You look at what your life has been both good and bad times and you start to relate to those.

Other ways that I find the project management mind-set is helpful are when I am visioning the page factors and elements. How can I nicely tie the facts of the day together in such a way that I can look back on my page of life and get the most joy and benefit from that day's experiences. Yet another way that my work plays a key role in my scrapbooking efforts. 

Here is another example. Sequencing my artifacts, photos and memorabilia is much like when I am building a PDM to express project logic and task relationships. PDM is a project analysis approach defined as Precidence Diagram Method. PDM is a way to recognize from how the tasks in your project must be sequenced (placed in a path) to reach the final goal of the project. This process helps you to recognize which tasks must come first, second, third and so forth. I find it is the same when I am devloping my scarpbooking page ideas. I think in terms of how the page will setup and the message it ultimately delivers to me. 

So, never loose site of the fact that your life experiences become preserved for you and those you choose to share them with. These pages you develop should serve you now and in the future. They can set your day on a new journey knowing that you will soon capture those experiences into your scrapbook. So there is nothing wrong with taking methodical approaches to the design and development of your scrapbooking page idea experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment