Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Scrapbook Page Ideas-Jump Start With Starter Kits

When I find I am having a slow start to developing a new scrapbook page idea I use smatterings of other ideas. What happens is I am unable to come up with a fresh idea so I take little parts of an idea and I place them together in a box or large envelope. What this becomes is a little kit of starter ideas. What I am doing is developing what I call a scrapbook starter kit.

No this is not kit that I am recommnending that you purchase. What I am talking about is a kit that you personally assemble as a way to get you started. Let me explain what I am talking about. It is a matter of getting your thought juices going. When you have made the decision to create and maintain a scrapbook it is important to set aside a 10 to 20 minute slot of time everyday for that purpose. But what happens is that some of those days you don't have any solid ideas. However, if you decide that you will still fill that time with scrapbooking then if you have no ideas that you feel you can act on you can still prepare for another day of scrapbooking. 

What happens when you do this approach of building your own scrapbooking kit? While you are focusing on the kit because you don't have anything that seems tangible at the moment, there are still ideas. These ideas start to flow into the kit. That is how our minds work. You have told yourself that even if I don't have an idea for a scrapbook page I will still perform a scrapbooking task. In turn, your mind will start focusing and opening up for new ideas. It is sort of the way mind-mapping works. That is another subject for anther day. But the point is that when you tell yourself that even though I don't have an idea I will still work on scrapbooking. This act jump starts the creative scrapbooking juices which at the very least will produce a concept out of things that you prepare for the kit.

Kit contents should contain things like paper quills that will embelish your page. Maybe it is a quill technique you were thinking about but have not tried it. This quill that you prepare for your new scrapbook page idea will now serve to help you think of ideas. Or perhaps a new background that you have seen in a catolog for the page you purchase and put in the kit. 

So what I am talking about are kits of all kinds. Not just one but several that you will prepare for those times you don't seem to have ideas. Try making a kit when you don't think you have any ideas. Then when you are getting are struggling for an scrapbook page idea on another day check through any kits that you have started to build and see if one of them pushes an idea out at you. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment